Pediatric Pelvic Floor Therapy
PEDIATRIC PELVIC FLOOR THERAPY is a specialized therapy that focuses on pelvic conditions and symptoms for children. Pediatric pelvic physical therapists assist in retraining the pelvic systems and muscles to work properly, restoring order and function.
COMMON CONDITIONS WE TREAT:
- Enuresis (bed-wetting)
- Daytime Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- Urinary Frequency and Urgency
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Voiding Dysfunction
- Weak Core Muscles
- Encopresis (bowel incontinence or leaking) and/or inability to empty bowel
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR CHILD’S PELVIC FLOOR THERAPY APPOINTMENT:
- A parent or caregiver must be present during assessment and treatment
- Pelvic floor muscles will be assessed via non-invasive examination: visual exam or use of biofeedback
- Child’s overall core strength, diet, and family dynamic will be assessed
- Caregiver education will be provided regarding: anatomy and function of bladder and bowel, fiber and fluid intake, and proper toileting postures
- Caregivers will be asked to keep a bladder and bowel diary
For more information, call our office at (864) 241-6222.
*Please note: Pediatric Pelvic Floor Therapy is currently offered at our Greenville location only.